Sweet Chilli Chicken
I had a breakthrough this morning. I was finally able to get stir-fry chicken cooked just right. Not over-cooked, not under-cooked, not rubbery, just perfect. Just cooked right!! 🙂
And I owe this all to “The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook”. I have been following the blog for a while, finally came around to getting the cookbook. The first thing I tried was Sweet Chilli Chicken and boy was it good or what! After a busy morning at work, the chicken was particularly fun to eat at lunch, although I would prefer eating it as soon as it is made.
1 pound of chicken thigh boneless meat – cut into small bite sized pieces
1 red pepper – sliced
1 yellow pepper – sliced
1 small onion – sliced
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tblsp basil leaves
Sauce – 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce + 2 tblsp soy sauce + 1 tsp chilli sauce
Slurry – 2 tsp of soy sauce + 2 tsp of corn starch mixed well together until corn starch dissolves
1. Add the chicken pieces to the slurry and coat completely. Leave aside for 10-15 minutes until you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat a wok on high heat. The heat is right if you drop some water droplets and they evaporate instantly. Add the oil and the chicken pieces.
3. Quickly stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Turn over, cook for a minute and remove out of the wok. Chicken is only partially cooked for now.
4. In the same wok, on medium heat, add the onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add the peppers and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour in the sauce, and the fried chicken pieces. Stir everything together well and let cook over medium heat.
6. Stir in the basil. Serve hot!