Green Vegetable and Tofu Curry
Sunnyvale Public Library is my number 1 favorite spot to hang out these days. I roam around the aisles filled with books …. cookbooks!!! I never knew I would enjoy reading cookbooks so much, its almost like that’s all I read these days 🙂
So I came across this nice one – Basic Thai Cooking by Jodi Vassallo. I made a few dishes from it and they all came out pretty good. So I can say that its a good cookbook – one that works.
I generally pick a simple recipe to start with from any cookbook and try it out, if something gets screwed in the simple stuff, then obviously the directions are not the best.
So here’s the first one I tried from this book … basic tofu curry.
4 oz firm tofu, cut into cuboidal pieces
3 tblsp green curry paste (I used a store-bought one)
1 cup coconut milk
1 carrot sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
2 tblsp light brown sugar
1/4 pound of broccoli – heads cut into small florets
2 tblsp lemon juice
You can add some more veggies like snow peas, eggplant, etc …
1. Heat the oil in a wok, and add the tofu and fry until golden brown. Remove the tofu and place on paper napkins to soak of excess oil.
2. In the wok, add the green curry paste, and coconut milk. Stir as you cook the green curry paste for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tofu and veggies and the sugar and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice, give a final stir and serve immediately.