Fried Tilapia on mint-pea puree and cabbage salad
The other day I was itching to eat fish for no apparent reason. I am not even so much of a seafood person, but it was just this craving to eat fish! Maybe its all the cook-books I have been reading with lovely fried fish recipes 🙂
So I got some fresh tilapia from our local Asian market, put all the painful effort of skinning and de-boning, etc … and fried it in lots of butter and devoured with fresh mint and pea puree ….. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum yum yum!!!
4-5 tilapia fillets (cleaned and de-boned) or any other fish you like
1 cup of green peas (frozen or fresh)
1/2 bunch of mint leaves
2 tblsp butter
1 tsp paprika
Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
1. In a flat plate, place the fillets and sprinkle salt and paprika on both sides
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil and 2 tblsp of butter.
3. Place the fillets and fry on one side for 3-4 minutes. Turn over and fry on the other side until the fillets turn golden brown.
4. In a blender, place the peas (thawed if frozen) and the cleaned washed mint leaves and 1 tsp of salt. Add minimal water as required to blend. Crush to a puree.
5. Serve the fried fish on a bed of puree and garnish with cilantro.
2 medium carrots grated
1 medium cabbage shredded
1 apple sliced
1 green chilli sliced
1 garlic clove sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients and garnish with finely chopped cilantro.