A side of apples and leeks
Last week when I made the fennel-leek-potato soup, I got a bunch of leeks and didnt know what to do with the rest of them. I kept searching and searching and figured that leek-and-potato soup if probably the most popular thing people make with leeks. It took me a while to find blog posts or general articles which mentioned any leek-no-potato recipes 🙂
Here is a quick sort of a salad, sort of a side that I prepared by mix-matching couple of recipes.
2 leeks – chopped lengthwise or in rings
1 apple – sliced
1 tsp paprika
1 tblsp butter
1. Clean the leeks thoroughly and cut them into slices of rings as per your choice.
2. In a pan, heat half the butter and saute the leeks for 3-4 minutes until they are soft. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Remove out the sauteed leeks and add to a bowl.
4. In the same pan, add the rest of the butter, and after it melts, add the apple slices. Cook on medium heat until they turn brownish and turn over.
5. Once browned, add to the bowl. Add some paprika and salt for seasoning, toss well and serve!