I finally came around to trying out this lovely dip. It has been on my mind for a while and on my bookmarks list for even longer than that, but for some reason, I had this idea that it is too much work to make hummus, well the reality is exactly opposite. Its quick and simple if you dont mind using canned chickpeas. Even if you do and want to cook your own chickpeas, all you need to do is soak them overnight and pressure-cook them in the morning and you will have your chickpeas ready!
3-4 cups of cooked chickpeas (or canned)
3-4 cloves of garlic – roughly chopped
2 tblsp of lemon juice (add more as per taste)
3 tblsp tahini paste (add more as per taste)
1 tblsp cumin powder
Note: This was essentially a taste-and-add process. The more tarty you like it, the more tahini paste and lemon juice you can add.
1. In a blender, place the chickpeas, tahini sauce, garlic, cumin powder, salt, lemon juice.
2. Blend to a coarse paste. Dont blend too much or else it will be too smooth.
3. Add water as required only to blend.
4. Add 2 tblsp of olive oil and blend.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of cayenne pepper and serve with pita bread or pita chips!