Event Announcement – Think Spice!!
Yoohoooo!! I am so excited I am going to be hosting my very first event! And whats better is it is a Spice Event. Think Spice is Sunita Bhuyan’s brain child and has been running for about 2 years now. Its a wonderful event and has motivated me to break out of the regular chilli-turmeric-coriander-cumin routine and try cooking with different spices around. There are so many I didnt even know of 😛
So here we are … the spice for this month is Heeng or Asafoetida.
Heeng, although when you smell is raw, has a very strong pungent smell, gives a wonderful smooth taste to food. How long have we been adding this spice to daals now because of its digestive properties? It has also many medicinal applications and is one of the very prominent ingredients in Ayurveda.
Back to our event … its very simple. All you need to do is cook something, anything with heeng as one of the ingredients. Here’s how you participate:
1. Post a recipe on your blog which has Heeng in it. If you dont have a blog, you can prepare the recipe and send it to me via email
3. Email me your entry at fazela[at]gmail[dot]com with the following details:
Name of the dish:
Picture of your dish: 400×400
4. If you have any old posts where you had prepared such a dish earlier, you dont need to re-post. You can just update it with the links to this event.
5. The deadline for this event is 1st April 2010.
6. Feel free to use the logo on your event posts!
So thats all …. have fun and send in your lovely dishes!
I will post the roundup in the first week of April