Ive not eaten bhajiyas for so long, when my friend mentioned onion bhajis … I couldnt help but make them rightaway. However I had some spare jalapenos lying in my kitchen waiting to be put to use, so I made Jalapeno bhajiyas instead. Very simple to make, very quick and do I need to say … very tasty!!!
3 tblsp lemon juice
1 cup besan
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
Oil for frying
1. Cut the jalapenos into thick ringlets, scooping out the seeds. In a bowl, pour the lemon juice on the jalapenos and set it aside for 15 minutes.
2. In another bowl, add the besan, salt, turmeric, chilli powder. Add enough water to get a consistency for it stick onto the jalapenos. Leave this mixture aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a pot for frying. Dip each jalapeno pepper piece in the besan mixture. Place the dipped pepper in oil. Repeat for all pieces.
4. Fry for about 3 minutes and turn them around.
5. Once done, take them out of the oil and place on a tissue paper.
6. Serve hot with ketchup!