Corn Noodle Soup
I am almost falling asleep now as I am typing, but Ill just post this very quick noodle soup recipe which I tried earlier today. I had picked the recipe from this book “A beautiful bowl of soup” by Paulette Mitchell. It has some really good soup recipes. In the picture I have filled the soup in my chowder mug, which reminds me, that I still have to/want to try making the classic corn chowder at home 🙂
The good thing is that you dont need to cook the noodles separately, everything gets cooked in one shot in one pot.
2 cups of stock (chicken/veg)
2 fistfuls of spinach leaves
1/2 can of corn or fresh corn if available
2 tbslp soy sauce
1/2 bunch of spring onions (green+white)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tblsp butter
1. In a large pot, heat the stock and soy sauce. Bring to a boil on high heat.
2. Once boiled, add the spring onions, spinach, corn and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the noodles and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
4. Taste and adjust spice and salt. (If using store-bought stock, take care of the salt only after tasting).
5. Serve in a bowl, put a dollop of butter and sprinkle some red chilli flakes.