Capsicum Corn Tomato Subzee
Its finally Sunday evening and I am done with all my chores. All weekend I wanted to cook this and that from all the stuff Ive marked, but never got a chance … so I finally dropped everything in the evening and started my most favorite chore – cooking!!
I have been reading through Madhur Jafferey’s cook books, and marking recipes here and there, but this morning I realized that the books were soon due and I wont get to keep them for long 😦 So here are a couple of recipes from Madhur Jafferey’s “World Vegetarian”.
The capsicum-corn-tomato subzee seems to be most appropriate for tiffin lunch to be eaten with rotis.
1/2 can of corn or fresh corn
1 medium capsicum – cut bite size pieces
2-3 tbslp of tomato puree or pureed 3-4 tomatoes
1/2 onion – chopped finely
1 pinch heeng
1 green chilli – chopped finely
1 1/2 tblsp sesame seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp garlic paste
1. In a pan, heat some oil and add mustard and cumin seeds. Once they pop, add the heeng. Add the garlic and chopped green chillies.
2. Now add the sesame seeds and stir and cook for a minute.
3. Add the onion and green bellpepper. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the corn, and all the spices. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Finally add the tomato puree and bring to a simmer.
6. Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Uncover, add cilantro and serve with rotis.